Sunday 11 May 2014

Lazy Cooking.......the Best Kind of Cooking !


A few Pictures while making my lazy mans Chicken and lentil Curry. My 21 year old 6 ft 5 nephew asked me while making this what kind of Curry was it. I started to spout lyrically about the aromas and spices that were emanating from my pan. I started to tell him it was not a Jalfrezi or a Bhunna but a Korma which meant it was a dish where meat or vegetables are braised in water, stock, spices, and finished with cream !
He replied " Nah I mean is it a Beef Curry or a Chicken Curry or a Lamb Curry they all taste the same to me you Muppet ! "
I just gently placed my head in my hands and shed a tear for the future ! ha ha !


You need some Onions,





And some Garlic.....


......and ginger


Sliced Chilies....


Put the lot in your pot and stir. Then add a large spoon of Korma Paste,


I colour my Chicken in a saute pan.....and then add them to the cooking pot.


Captain Stock....


In the pan where you have coloured your Chicken add some water and your stock pot and deglaze your pan extracting as much flavour from your pan as you can...then into the Curry pot it goes.


Next add rich, creamy Coconut milk....


don't forget 'Cream always floats to the top !'


Now let it simmer for.......well for at least the length of a long Afternoon Power Nap !


To finish add a tin of Red lentils....yes I know they are yellow. One of lifes Culinary mysteries !


Fresh Spinach.


And a tablespoon of Mango Chutney.


And they we go Lazy Mans Cooking the best kind of Cooking.....Enjoy !








No comments:

Post a Comment