Sunday 10 April 2016

Cheesy turkey Keema wrap.....Day 4 of the lower calorie and healthy food challenge !


Cheese I know is not good for you unless you're a mouse and even then it can be attached to a mouse trap and that ain't good for you neither !!! ha ha.



This little lunchtime treat is lower in calories than you think as it works out at about 350 calories per wrap including a nice big salad so I don't think over the course of your cut back week it's going to make any difference but I do tend to have them on a day I have been training.

Turkey keema Wrap with Cheesy, Jalapeno and Coriander melt !

Right you are going to need to make the Keema first and this portion I am giving you makes about 3-4 wraps,
In a pan with a little olive oil sweat off 1 diced onion, 1 chopped chili, 1 squashed garlic bulb about 7-8 Brussel sprouts which I just cut in half, about 60 grams of chopped mushroom and about 350 grams of Turkey breast meat. I try and cut down on my oil so when the pan starts to look dry I add about 100 mls of hot water and put my lid on my pan. This effectively steam's the contents and reduces the amount of oil I need.


Ok take your pan lid off and allow the water to evaporate out of the pan. Now add a Tbsp of tomato puree, 1 tsp of a very good quality curry paste and one kallo chicken stock cube and mix into your pan making sure you coat all the ingredients. Next add 400 grams of tinned chopped tomatoes and again stir well. At this point I chucked a few jalapenos into the pan to ! Why Culinary gangster Kev did you do that ? Dunno !?! ha ha !

Tsp of Balti curry paste. You can just use curry powder if you want to save a few more calories !

OK this will not take long to cook maybe about 8 minutes. Remember this is just Turkey breast mince and should be lovely and tender.

While this is cooking prepare your cheesy topping. All I did for this was to mix 40 grams of low fat cheese with about 4 or 5 pickled jalapeno's that I had finely chopped, the juice of half a small lemon and some fresh coriander leaves. I love coriander I use it all the time so I probably put a bit too much in but its up to you how much you put in. The cheese was just reduced calorie/fat Cathedral grated cheese but you can use anything again its up to you.


Its all in the mix !

Right your Keema is nearly ready all you need to do is add some frozen peas. I added about 70 grams and just stirred them in until they had defrosted. Right now assemble your wrap ! Place some of the mix on to the wrap and errrr wrap it ! ha If you want to know how to roll a wrap go on youtube and you will find a video I am sure probably next to the one on how to stip down an Uzi 9mm !!!!!

Try and do a better wrap than me please !

Now the fun bit. Take some of the cheese mix (remember this is for 3 to 4 wraps) and spread across the top of your wrap.

Ok its treat day so I might have used a bit too much of the mix, but to be fair and I never thought I would ever say this in my life it doesn't need a lot of cheese !!!
Now place in the oven set at about 180 degrees fan assisted until the cheese has melted and is all brownie and bubbly and gooey !!!



Wow...Oooooooo baby.....look at that ! Now stuff it in your gob ! I had mine with a nice red onion and tomato salad but it really doesnt need anything. You could make this at home and reheat in the microwave at work I am sure to....enjoy !








No comments:

Post a Comment