Monday 4 April 2016

Chicken with Mushroom sauce...day 1 of 31 day lower fat and calorie cooking challenge !



Chicken with Mushroom,Thyme and Mustard sauce served with Swede puree, French beans and mangetout.

120 grams of mushrooms quartered.
1 garlic clove.
40 grams of diced onion.
10 grams of reduced fat creme fraiche.
1 kallo chicken stock cube made up to 350 mils.
1 tsp Dijon mustard.
160 grams of chicken breast.
125 grams of diced swede.
75 grams of french beans.
45 grams of mangetout


This is a lovely little dish with a quite superb sauce and the whole dish for one person is about 400 calories. It's lower in fat to !
OK you will need to get the swede on first. I cooked about 120 grams which I diced and just boiled in water until soft.
While this was cooking I started the sauce and basically I sweated off 40 grams of diced onion, 1 crushed garlic clove and 120 grams of mushrooms which I had quartered. When they were coloured a little bit I added 350mls of made up chicken stock using 1 kallo stock cube and 1 tsp of dried thyme. I then popped the lid on my pan. After about 5 minutes I removed the lid and reduced the stock by about two thirds which took about 10 minutes. I then removed a few of the mushrooms and put them to one side and then poured the remaining mixture into my blender to puree.


I then poured the puree back into the pan and added my Dijon mustard and reduced fat Creme fraiche.

I popped the quartered mushroom pieces back into the pan ! Sauce done.

Next get your chicken on. I love my griddle pan and when I cook with it I dont need any oil added when cooking most things using it.
Its just a cheap one from Asda but it does the job brilliantly. I like to cut my chicken through the middle as it cooks much quicker this way to.



Ok while your Chicken is cooking finish off the swede. I just drained it well and then got my stick blender into it to make a rough puree. You can add black pepper and salt and butter if you want ! But not if you're on a diet like me ha ha !


When your chicken is done let it rest for a few minutes. You can't rest though as you need to reheat your mangetout and french beans that you cooked off before. What I didn't tell you to before ? Ooops ha ha ! well you need to so maybe do it while the swede is cooking. They do not take very long just a few minutes in boiling water. To reheat my green veg I just tossed them into my griddle pan which had some nice bits of chicken flavour attached to it after cooking my chicken and just added a little bit of boiling water to it and they were reheated in about a minute.


Ok job done all you need to do is plate up ! I loved this sauce ! It would go with Beef or fish and you can add most herbs to it to ! Hope you like it if you try it.....enjoy !








No comments:

Post a Comment