Sunday 21 December 2014

The Year.

A year full of sadness with the loss of my Father in May. A great man who was a warm, loving, kind, Generous and a Wise man who guided me through life and was always their for me when I needed him.
Gone but never forgotten Dad rest in peace. x
As you can imagine I have suffered on the blogging front this year and have not worked a great deal but I have had fun with the people I met this year. I cooked a bit this year too at home but mainly for comfort rather than culinary adventure but as I have had to stare at the Grey skies for too long I can now see patches of Blue and hope we all have a wonderful 2015 where dreams come true too ! Rock Xmas and wishing you all a wonderful New Year and beyond.


A Few Snaps from the Year In no particular order.                  

Beetroot Mayo...it was Creamy and spicy and Purpley !!! Is that a word ? ha ha
                                     

Afternoon Scone.

Colour on a Summers Day Supper plate.

Baaaaaaaaa....Melt in the mouth Lamb.



Sea Bass






A Chicken Kebab.






A few Jobs......




Ally just before she hit me over the head with a pot !

Its Nice to know in the world that their are 2 people more nuts than me. Thank you for making me laugh at the Fun Factory Ally and Donna affectionately known as the Prozac Twins !

Thanks to Wendy and Dawn to.

O and Richard doing his impersonation of the Funky Phantom !

The Wedding !



"The agency said I was helping to send a wedding for 160 today Chef ?"
"We are Kev."
"Erh When ?" I ask.
"Don't worry about that Kev...soon...soon..."
"O"
"Come and sit with us and chill !"






Not exactly high tech games, but it kept the pot wash happy for a bit.


I loved it here. Don't be fooled by the sitting down pics. I have never met such a lay backed, well organised Talented Head Chef as Rosie before.
"I think Im in love with you Rosie."
"Ill just sign your timesheet Kev and you can go home early." Ha ha ha !

I should be in Movies !




Really enjoyed this job during the Summer on a BBC TV programmes catering truck. Hopefully will get chance to do some more next year.

The Legend that is Mr Phil Elliot.



I never have never told Phil how much of a good friend he has become over the years. He helped me get back on the Cooking Horse so to speak when my Dad passed away this year. He helped me get through those dark times. He is a Warm, genuine, generous, kind Human being who would help anyone, he also can cook a bit too. Like I said I have never told him and do not intend on starting now.


Love a Badge with my name on !


While at a job in Newcastle I met Paul a great bloke who was the head Chef. He had had enough of cooking and made the bold move of setting up his own pest control business this year which grows and grows like a mole hill !!! lol. My first Photo job for 11 years was doing a Head shot for his business page. well done mate onwards and upwards !

ARHHHHHHH !!!!


Its not all glamour !


Proudest Culinary Moment of the Year !


Creating the perfect Kebab Coleslaw for the Fire Crew of Red Watch in Sunderland. Thank you. Another really great job.

A Great Book !




You to can have a figure like an American thanks to this little number ! Not the best cooking book of the year but still very good. Love it.

A Few Smudges.










Thank you to Paul and Brooke Key for giving me the job of taking your Wedding pictures.




Little Charlie a few pics for another Close pal of my mine Mark and his lass Gemma !




Wor Jackie ! We could use him at the Toon now !



London

Another Culinary trip to London's Food Festival. It was an absolute blast with another Very Good mate of mine Alan. A very quiet Rock music loving man who I am very lucky to call my Mate. See you Tuesday for our Xmas piss up pal !






Two Top Chef's together. Me and Theo Randall !! Top Bloke too !






Believe it or not........




These two mates are the men really responsible for kick starting my cooking career. These guys taught me about kitchen craft and lots of many other things about kitchen life and being a Chef which you cannot learn at college. Rus is still a Chef but John is now an Undertaker. As you can see Rus has had a few and his facial expressions reflects his drinking attitude which is like a top Rodeo star on a mad bucking bull kind of attitude to drinking which is drink fast and hope you don't fall off. John always looks like he has come out on a drinking budget !
I would like to thank both of you for being top mates over the years and you Rus for getting me the most enjoyable job of the year and you John for handling my Dads funeral with much respect and dignity. love you both in a man way.

And then theres Bruce...



Best Friend ever enough said. Hope you and Zoe and the boys have a great Xmas. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment