Thursday 21 June 2012

A few beers, a few bets and a packet of crisps...please !



To quote the great philosopher Homer (that's Mr Simpson and not that Greek bloke !) "Beer the solution and cause of all life's problem." Its true. Beer can lead to major arguments but it also can sometimes free your senses to come up with a solution to something that might be troubling you. On June the 18th it did not really point me in any direction to solving my current culinary career situation but it did send me off to happy town for a few hours where I talked about food and cooking and reacquainted myself with all the things that bring culinary delight into my world.
Alan a mate of mine and a fellow chef who has management pen pushing aspirations met me for a few pints to mainly plan our forthcoming adventure to the Edinburgh Food Festival but we ended up drinking too much and we started planning opening a bistro in my home town of Ashington called..wait for it....Roast pork with Crackling..! its a winner I am sure you will agree ! ha ha !
Its not going to happen soon but for a few hours it seemed a great idea while the lager rain clouds of wisdom created a storm inside my brain.Waking up the next day with a slight hangover (cured by my lunch time culinary creation which is in my next blog) the financial realities means its going to need a more serious business plan putting together rather than just writing the idea on the back of another losing betting slip while using a business planning technique based mainly using the logic of lager !

I do not want to give the impression that we started drinking at breakfast time but it was early.

Starting to warm up nicely.

Another £4 in the Ladbrokes charity box.

Love light ! Love Beer !

Our only winner ! still lost a tenner in total though.

Empty !
Me and Alan in 10 years time !

The Real McCoy !

You can tell we went out early as it was still light on the way home !

The Old abandoned Railway box next to the Old abandoned Railway line. The scene of a good horror story or the ideal location for Chez Kevi leading light of the Ashington restaurant scene !


I thought this was a great shot on the way home after a few ! And when sober doing this blog I still liked it ! You the public decide another piece of Kev Art or Fart !

This was the view from my eyes while walking home ! Blurry !

The excitement of the Euro Championships hits down town Ashington !

 I spent many a happy night when I was 18 in here !

This is part of a sign for a Chip shop in Ashington I used to frequent when I was younger. It is still their all these years later but no Chip shop underneath !
The owner used to shout at me and my mates " Go nowhere for your Jumbo Battered sausage lads. I am number 1 chippy in all of Ashington ! Sounded a bit sweet then. Sounds a bit sinister now ! ha ha !

The Mecca of Drunk time feasting !

You cannot help but be excited by the large and lavish array of wonderful foodie offerings available ! Mushy Peas, Curry sauce and gravy sounds nice if not a little messy the next day ! ha ha !

A classic English Banger. You can just read the bottom of the poster which says made with 50% pork ! emmmh I am glad I was drunk for a little while anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment